Reader/ audience feedback pitch vid
The comments I had received for my pitch was from a
questionnaire I had given out outside of my media studies lesson, I was given
to friends of mine that met the audience profile, it was an structured
questionnaire but it was done I front of my just in case they didn't understand
a question I had out down.
To my audience the pitch was successful as it was very
informative and it allowed the reader to really understand what the genre of my
magazine is and how it will look because as I first explained it; the genres I
chose weren't clear but as I started including my case study which was Clash
magazine and XXL the readers started to understand the look and the style of
the magazine I was going for. Also there was a question asked about pricing “was
the pricing of MERGE magazine fair?" The answered I was given positive as
they agreed with the pricing meaning that making my magazine £3 a month would
have been fair at the end of the question I asked "if so then why?"
Which was then followed up by "if the pricing isn't fair what would be
your ideal price for my magazine?" Most of the answers said that the
pricing was fair as it's only £3 a month whereas if it was £3 a week it would
be pricy for the audience which is predominantly students in school, college and
university. However I did see a comment that said “I would change the pricing
of the magazine to £2 or £1.85 per month as this might be more convenient college
students". I took this constructively but as most of the answers were
"no's" and” the price is fair enough" I believe that from what
they have given me the price of Merge was fairly cheap.
Another thing that went well was the understanding of the
artists that would be in the magazine which were artists such as Lana del ray,
1975, birdy, London grammar, disclosure, Haim, Tyler the creator, TDE, Vic
Mensa, Eryka Badu, odd future, the weekend and mac miller. When I played the
songs that would be in the music magazine they automatically understood who
were the chosen audience for the magazine and concluded that the magazines
target audience was clearly directed toward hipsters, skaters or those who tend
to look vintage from the era 1990.
Another thing that went well with my pitch was the choosing
of my publisher they believed that my idea if choosing Hearst magazine was very
effective and they also personally liked the fact that I was able to enter that
field being the only music magazine this was because there was a question given
that said " do you believe the publisher that was chosen was a good idea?"
The answered I had received for this question were agreements, my audience
loved the fact that I was entering a publisher that had never published a music
magazine before also they have never considered the target audience I have
which would allow Hearst to have a bigger fan base and a bigger audience as my
magazine looks at those who are younger and Hearst's audience is usually aged
between 25-35. However during my pitch I mentioned that the target audience
would be gave between 15-35 as I was taking the predominant age of Hearst's audience
into account but when I looked at some answered to my question "do you
believe that the age of the target audience (15-35) is suitable?" Majority
of the answers were no's as 35 is seen as too old for the genre and 35 year olds
might not be interested in it or the genre so it would be pointless directing
it to a 35 year old.
To conclude I believe that my pitch was successful as the
main issues such as understanding the
Music genre, fair pricing and the target audience and publishing
were understood and agreed upon by those who filled out my questionnaire. My
target audience is directed to skaters, hipsters and the vintage population who
are aged 15-25. The publishing will be done by Hearst as the group questioned
agreed that it was a suitable publisher and lastly the mix of alternative pop
and hip hop genre has become clear and is a genre that is enjoyed by 15-25 year
olds do will be directed toward them.
No comments:
Post a Comment