I like that you decided to keep everything simple and organised throughout your magazine as it keeps all the attention on the images you have used and also suits the genre's. You were successful in keeping your colour scheme consistent. I Think you could have used photoshop to perfect some of the images.
Tajay! This is so good! I am loving the front cover! The front cover's photography is so artistic and the photography can really suit your genre as it is a mixture of different genres. There are not many coverlines but this creates simplicity and is not overwhelming. The 3 colour scheme includes calm colours which contemplate with the photography and smoke, making the magazine look really calm and relaxing. The use of a colour scheme is evident and you have included a pull quote cover line, giving an insight to the artist's personality. You have also included a barcode, and price which adds to the editorial look of the magazine. The skyline has been placed below the masthead which is not normally seen on magazines but this differentiates your magazine from other mags, which can benefit your mag. As for the contents, unfortunately, it looks amateurish and kind of plain. You have included typical features of a contents page which is good, but I feel like (personally opinion and preference) that the magazine could be less basic and more artistic. I was personally expecting this from you as I know you are a very artistic person. However, the contents page is really good! I really like the boxes with white text and I REALLY like the blend with the image of the artist and the white background. It looks really artsy. Overall, great mag! Well done Taj!
I like that you decided to keep everything simple and organised throughout your magazine as it keeps all the attention on the images you have used and also suits the genre's. You were successful in keeping your colour scheme consistent. I Think you could have used photoshop to perfect some of the images.
ReplyDeleteTajay! This is so good! I am loving the front cover! The front cover's photography is so artistic and the photography can really suit your genre as it is a mixture of different genres. There are not many coverlines but this creates simplicity and is not overwhelming. The 3 colour scheme includes calm colours which contemplate with the photography and smoke, making the magazine look really calm and relaxing. The use of a colour scheme is evident and you have included a pull quote cover line, giving an insight to the artist's personality. You have also included a barcode, and price which adds to the editorial look of the magazine. The skyline has been placed below the masthead which is not normally seen on magazines but this differentiates your magazine from other mags, which can benefit your mag. As for the contents, unfortunately, it looks amateurish and kind of plain. You have included typical features of a contents page which is good, but I feel like (personally opinion and preference) that the magazine could be less basic and more artistic. I was personally expecting this from you as I know you are a very artistic person. However, the contents page is really good! I really like the boxes with white text and I REALLY like the blend with the image of the artist and the white background. It looks really artsy. Overall, great mag! Well done Taj!
ReplyDelete